Please browse these examples of our hand-made tube audio amplifiers.
Integrated single ended tube amplifier using 211 triode valves
- Circuitry which fully utilizes the merits of the 211 : the best circuit designed to retain the high linearity and low distortion characteristic of 211.
- Copper winding output transformer to keep the graceful and dignified sound of the 211. High impedance of 12k ohms with multi-layer, multi-compartment structure.
- Routes and wiring designed to secure the best quality.
- Aluminium And Brass chassis which helps improve the sound and appearance
- Output transformers : In order to realize the best performance of the output transformer it is designed to a high impedance of 7k ohms with a multi-layer, multi-compartment structure. Windings are all done by hand by skilful technician using pure copper wires. This is one of the most important procedures to keep the graceful and dignified sound of the 211. Special insulating materials are applied because of its high voltage operation.
- Capacitors : High grade capacitors which use pure foils as electrodes. They are designed to prevent the potential oscillation of the foil, which can generate poor quality sound when the signal surges from low to high level.
- Original pure copper : All conductor materials are pure copper. In order to suppress unwanted vibrations, natural silk is twisted around the copper conductor. It works as an insulating layer between the copper wires and the exterior PVC jacket.
Electron Tubes used
- 12AX7 x 2 preamp 2nd stage dual Triode
- 12AT7 x 2 preamp Stage dual triode
- El 34 X 4 Driver stage Single ended pentode
- Triode 211 output stage Single ended triode
Power and Output transformers
- x 2 Output Transformers fully insulated pure Copper 6k 4-8 ohms 25 watt
- x 1 Mains transformer 410V x 2 @ 800mA 6.2V @ 15A 5,3V @ 6A 6V 2 6A 220-240V AC fused at 5A . Power Consumption 350W
- Torroid transformer 240V Ac 6V x 2 for negative Bias Voltage
- Frequency response 9Hz-22Khz +0dB -2.5dB
- Harmonic Distortion 0.05%
- Rated power 22W X 2 @ 1Khz 8Ω
- Internal HT Plate Working Voltage in DC + 1000V @ 1.5A +450VDC --145V DC
- Input RCA x 4 pairs 1Phono, Source2 Source3 source4 unbalanced 100K
Integrated single ended 10 X 2 Watt EL34 tube amplifier
This was the first tube amplifier built by Charles Spencer De Fontaine of Tube Audio. The architecture of the component layout is a beautiful network done with 20 and 18 SWG copper wire placed on a tempered glass plate.
The components too are mounted under the glass plate. It’s an amazing piece of art work and a painstaking job all done by hand. The sound is so clear when using a proper pair of high efficiency speakers.
It is now used by one of the well known architects in Colombo, Sri Lanka. It is fitted in his Living Room and he listens to Classic and Orchestral music.
Integrated FET Integrated Amplifier 25w X 2
This Field Effect Transistor amplifier is a remarkable piece of art, with amazing build and sound quality. The components are all selected from RS components. They are all wired on a glass plate with special copper wire in neatly placed straight and curved lines.
It is illuminated with LED lights focused through the glass plate that light up the inner paths of the circuitry.